When your Instagram strategy is generating new followers consistently, you know that you’re doing something right.
An increase in follower growth signifies increased brand reach and engaging content people are interested in. This is why it’s essential to track your Instagram follower growth.
So, how do you track followers on Instagram? In this simple guide, you will learn how to track followers on Instagram step by step.
Let’s get into it!
Table of Contents
- Why you should track your follower growth
- How to track followers on Instagram
- Final words: How to measure social media engagement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I see my follower stats on Instagram?
- How do I track Instagram growth for free?
- How do I calculate Instagram growth rate?
- How do you hide who you follow on Instagram?
- What is the best app to track followers on Instagram?
- Is it safe to use mass follower bots for Instagram?
- How do I see who unfollowed me?
Why you should track your follower growth
While some people think “follower count” is a vain metric, we believe it’s much more than a show-off. Metrics are important and follower growth lets you:
- Understand if your content is getting increased reach and how you can develop strategies to get more followers
- Know when it’s time to improve your content strategy
- Evaluate your content value in relation to the competition
- See results for your consistent posting and engagement
- Position yourself as an authority in your space. To an extent, follower count influences whether or not you’re a thought leader in your niche.
How to track followers on Instagram
Here’s how you can track your followers on Instagram:
1. Using Instagram analytics feature
Instagram provides a free analytics tool to measure and track your social media metrics which include your follower growth.
This feature can be accessed so far you have an Instagram business or creator account. If you have a personal account, you can switch to a business or creator account.
Go to your profile menu > Settings > Accounts > Scroll to the bottom and click Switch account type.
Steps to track your Instagram follower growth:
- Go to your profile menu > Select Insights from the list that comes up.
- Then choose Total followers from the Overview page
- This takes you to the follower insights page. You can see their growth over time, and your number of follows and unfollows
- You can see the top locations of your audience:
- Also, you can see their age range and gender metrics, as well as their most active times:
2. Using Keyhole
Keyhole is an easy-to-use social media analytics tool. It provides a single comprehensive dashboard to analyze and track your Instagram follower growth.
It shows your follower insights including information on your growth rate for a particular period and the types of content that interest your audience:
You also get insights into the percentage of your followers who have public vs. private accounts.
With the profile analytics feature on Keyhole, you can:
- Monitor your audience growth for not just Instagram but other social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Understand who you’re reaching and whether your social strategy is reaching your target audience
- Track competitor accounts to understand what’s working for them and gaps you can leverage
- Schedule unlimited posts to multiple Instagram pages
- See what types of posts get the most engagement
- Follow-up with mentions, top stories, and posts about your brand
- Get insights up to a year worth of data
Analyzing your follower growth gives you a view of the effects of your content and social strategies on your profile. Grow your social media profiles with the power of in-depth analysis using Keyhole.
Sally Ofuonyebi runs Pennalife, an SEO content agency that focuses on helping SaaS and MarTech brands generate traffic and conversions. Learn more at her website: www.pennalife.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I see my follower stats on Instagram?
Go to your profile menu > Insights, and select Total followers from the Overview page.
How do I track Instagram growth for free?
You can use Instagram native analytics dashboard. It’s completely free to use.
How do I calculate Instagram growth rate?
You can get this percentage by dividing the number of new followers by the initial number of followers multiplied by 100.
How do you hide who you follow on Instagram?
If you don’t want the public to see whom you follow or who follows you on Instagram, the best solution is to make your account private. Go to Settings in your profile menu > Privacy > Toggle on Private account.
Note: Your followers can see who you follow.
What is the best app to track followers on Instagram?
Keyhole is one of the best analytics tools for Instagram and other social platforms. It provides extensive insights and is very easy to use.
Is it safe to use mass follower bots for Instagram?
How do I see who unfollowed me?
Go to your Followers insights page to find out how many people unfollowed you within a timeframe.
You can’t know who unfollowed you by name. But, if you’d like to confirm if a particular person still follows you, click Followers on your profile page and type the person’s name to check.