Founded by two University of Michigan undergraduates in 2021, Tab Chocolate is taking the internet by storm. From the genius use of UGC on TikTok to extensive influencer marketing, this newbie in the confectionery industry has created a social media strategy even the top brands can learn from. But turning a mere dorm-room startup into
Viral refers to a post, video, or story that spreads rapidly and widely across the platform due to high engagement, shares, and views.
Content reaches a large audience and gains attention quickly when it goes viral.
How many views are viral?
A viral video on Instagram has more than 100,000 likes and views, along with significant comments and shares. However, the number of views necessary for a video to be considered “viral” on other social media platforms can vary widely.
For example, the most viewed videos on YouTube are typically those with more than one billion views. Meanwhile, on TikTok, the virality of a video is determined mainly by the engagement it receives, including the number of likes, comments, and shares.
Some sources claim that a video is considered viral when it accumulates five million or more views in a week or less. However, it’s important to note that there is no set number or exact definition of what constitutes a viral video.
The threshold for viral status can vary from platform to platform and can also depend on factors such as engagement, shares, and the specific context of the content. Ultimately, going viral is about achieving exponential growth and popularity that surpasses initial projections.
What content goes viral on social media?
Content that tends to go viral on social media can vary, but some common types include:
- Memes and humorous content: Funny and relatable memes have a high potential for virality because they can easily be shared and resonate with a wide audience. Humorous videos, GIFs, or images that evoke laughter are also popular.
- Inspiring or motivational stories: Stories that evoke emotions and inspire people tend to be shared extensively. These can include personal stories of triumph, heartwarming acts of kindness, or stories that showcase resilience and determination.
- Trending challenges or dances: Participating in popular challenges or dances can help a social media user gain attention. These can be anything from dance challenges like the “Harlem Shake” to viral challenges like the “Ice Bucket Challenge.”
- Unusual or unique content: Content that is unexpected, quirky, or showcases unusual talents or situations often grabs attention. The element of surprise or novelty can help content go viral.
- How-to guides or tutorials: Valuable and informative content, such as instructional videos or step-by-step guides, can go viral if they provide useful knowledge or solve a problem for the audience.
- Emotional or inspirational advertisements: Advertisements that provoke strong emotions, such as joy, nostalgia, or empathy, have the potential to go viral. Emotional connections can encourage people to share the content.
- Controversial or opinionated content: Content that sparks debate or controversy can gain attention and go viral, especially if it tackles current events, social issues, or popular topics.
It’s important to note that these are just a few examples, and virality can depend on various factors related to timing, audience interest, and platform algorithms.
How to go viral on social media?
To make a post go viral, there are several strategies you can consider:
- Understand your audience: Define your target audience by identifying their common interests, hobbies, and behaviors. This knowledge will help you create content that resonates with them and increases the chances of it being shared.
- Personalization: Get personal in your posts by sharing stories or experiences that evoke strong emotions in your audience. This can include personal achievements, milestones, or significant events in your life.
- Create unique and compelling content: To make your post stand out, focus on creating content that is unique, valuable, and shareable. This may involve telling a captivating story, providing educational information, or entertaining your audience.
- Leverage social media: Utilize different social media platforms to reach a wider audience. Each platform has its own best practices, so tailor your content and approach accordingly.
- Utilize SEO and content marketing: Optimize your content for search engines to increase visibility and generate more organic traffic. Use effective SEO strategies and create high-quality content that attracts both shares and backlinks.
Remember, going viral is never guaranteed, but implementing these strategies can increase your chances of getting your content noticed and shared by a wider audience.
What is the difference between Viral and Trending?
While Trending refers to what is currently popular or being discussed widely, Viral content has spread rapidly and extensively, gaining significant attention and shares.
What sets your YouTube competitors apart? How do they make their videos rank better than yours on YouTube? You’ll be able to watch your competitors like a hawk and reveal their hidden secrets only with a good YouTube competitors analysis tool – the staple of your toolbox. It is particularly essential for busy social media
With its dazzling visual content and over 2 billion monthly active users, it’s a social listening goldmine waiting to be explored! Imagine gaining deep insights into your audience’s desires, tracking sentiments towards your brand, and outshining your competitors in the aesthetic world of Instagram. Your favorite brands like FitBit, Nike, GoPro, and many more leverage