Founded by two University of Michigan undergraduates in 2021, Tab Chocolate is taking the internet by storm. From the genius use of UGC on TikTok to extensive influencer marketing, this newbie in the confectionery industry has created a social media strategy even the top brands can learn from. But turning a mere dorm-room startup into
“Trending” refers to the phenomenon on social media and digital platforms where specific content gains rapid attention and becomes popular within a short period.
When a topic, hashtag, or piece of content is labeled as “trending,” it signifies that it’s currently being discussed, shared, or engaged with at a higher rate than other content.
How is the term Trending used in social media?
On social media platforms, the term “trending” is used to highlight content that is gaining traction. Platforms employ complex algorithms to determine what’s trending, considering factors like the velocity of shares, user engagement (likes, comments, retweets), and the freshness of the content.
When users see a “trending” label, it indicates that the content is currently popular and resonates with a large audience on that platform.
Why is it important for content to be Trending?
For brands, influencers, and content creators, having content that is trending can be a game-changer. Trending content enjoys increased visibility, potentially reaching audiences beyond a brand’s or individual’s followers.
This surge in attention can lead to higher engagement rates, more followers, and even conversion opportunities. Moreover, trending content establishes a sense of relevance and timeliness, positioning the content creator as a key player in current discussions or cultural moments.
Tips for making your content Trending
- Timely Content: Stay updated with current events and popular culture. Creating content that aligns with ongoing discussions increases its chances of trending.
- Understand Your Audience: Know what resonates with your followers. Tailored content that speaks to their interests and preferences is more likely to be engaged with.
- Engage with Your Community: Promptly respond to comments, encourage sharing, and actively participate in discussions around your content.
- Leverage Platform Features: Use platform-specific tools and features, like Twitter polls or Instagram Stories, to boost engagement and visibility.
- Collaborate: Partner with influencers or other brands to co-create content, expanding its reach and potential to trend.
What’s the difference between Trending and Viral?
While both “trending” and “viral” indicate content popularity, “trending” refers to content that’s currently popular on a specific platform, often for a short duration.
In contrast, “viral” content achieves massive attention across multiple platforms and often maintains its popularity for an extended period.
What sets your YouTube competitors apart? How do they make their videos rank better than yours on YouTube? You’ll be able to watch your competitors like a hawk and reveal their hidden secrets only with a good YouTube competitors analysis tool – the staple of your toolbox. It is particularly essential for busy social media
With its dazzling visual content and over 2 billion monthly active users, it’s a social listening goldmine waiting to be explored! Imagine gaining deep insights into your audience’s desires, tracking sentiments towards your brand, and outshining your competitors in the aesthetic world of Instagram. Your favorite brands like FitBit, Nike, GoPro, and many more leverage