Social media dominates our daily lives for varying reasons like entertainment, news, or shopping. So, if you want to get noticed by your target market, building a thriving digital presence is a must.
It requires accurate targeting and streamlined efforts. You must keep up with trends, optimize posting time, collaborate with different teams, and engage with your audience.
For handling these multidimensional elements, manual processes aren’t feasible. They are error-prone and very time-consuming.
That’s why you need a stack of reliable, scalable, and intuitive social media management tools. With the right solutions, you can schedule posts in bulk, boost engagement, and make data-driven decisions.
In today’s article, we bring you the best social media management tools to up your marketing game.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Social Media Management Tools
- Types of social media management tools
- Get the best social media management tool
Understanding Social Media Management Tools
Social media management tools are software platforms for assisting individuals and businesses in managing their presence on various social media platforms. They offer a range of features to automate social media marketing and let companies run data-backed campaigns without hassle.
A proper social media management tool should have the following features:
- Content management, scheduling, and publishing
- Social listening and keyword monitoring
- Team collaboration
- Competitor analysis and automation
- Analytics and Reporting
- Audience engagement
Here are some top social media management tools you can choose from:
1. Scheduling and Publishing Tools
Have trouble scheduling your posts in advance? Here are some excellent solutions to consider:
Very few social media management tools manage to offer every required feature in one platform — and Keyhole is one of the notable ones. Besides analytics, social listening, and collaboration, the platform’s intuitive scheduling and publishing feature is a user favorite.
You can add all your social media channels to Keyhole’s social publishing and manage your posts from a centralized dashboard. You can easily publish content in real-time or schedule them for later.
The platform’s content calendar maps and schedules your social media campaigns in advance. The preview feature lets you see your content at work and make necessary adjustments.
Moreover, Keyhole finds the optimal posting time to maximize engagement. Users also get data-backed campaign optimization suggestions.
- Optimal Instagram posting time insights
- Centralized data and visual preview
- A clean and comprehensive content calendar
- Content optimization suggestions
- The intuitive dashboard fosters easy omnichannel content management
- Optimal post times ensure maximum engagement
- Bulk scheduling and posting save time and maintain accuracy
- Preview lets you visualize your campaigns and make sure they are on-brand
With easy navigation and a clean dashboard, Keyhole has made publishing a cakewalk for its clients and gained significant appreciation. For example, one user commented, “Clean, simple, beautiful interface unlike many social tools which are so poorly designed they are next to unusable.”
Keyhole’s subscription packages start from $79/month for SMBs and freelancers. The other two plans are Corporate and agency at $239/month and $479/month.
For a stunning and profitable social media presence, start your free trial today!
Next up is Publer, one of the best social media management tools for small businesses. This comprehensive social media planner has an extensive calendar view. You can queue up diverse content, identify top-performing posts, and repurpose them for omnichannel marketing.
- Calendar view
- Bulk scheduling up to 500 posts, stories, and LinkedIn PDFs
- AI Assist
- Mobile app
- Autopost makes content management easy
- Intuitive and beginner-friendly
- Not suitable for big corporations
User reviews: Publer’s clients submit reviews like, “Publer makes managing all of your social media accounts stupid easy and fast as heck!”
Publer offers its professional and Business package at $15/month and $30/month.
Planoly is another popular social media management tool with content planning and scheduling features. Besides content designing, the platform offers customizable solutions to repurpose posts across multiple social media channels.
Moreover, you can find relevant hashtags and optimize your campaigns. Users can also make their posts shoppable through Planoly.
- Automated content posting based on predefined schedules
- Professional design tools to transform videos into reels and stories
- Repurposing features for Instagram posts and UGC
- Hashtag suggestions
- Easy to use
- Affordable packages
- Not enough integrations
- No feature to collaborate with the client directly
User reviews: Planoly mostly receives positive customer reviews on its simple planning and scheduling features. For instance, one user stated, “What I love most about PLANOLY is that it allows me to professionally manage the publishing and posting of my social media account with great ease and peace of mind.”
Pricing: Planoly offers three subscription packages, Starter, Growth, and Professional, at $11.25/month, $20/month, and $36.55/month.
2. Analytics and Reporting Tools
For consistent campaign enhancements, you need conclusive insights. The following analytics tools can help you here:
Keyhole’s extensive features also include accurate analytics and reporting solutions. One of the best social media tools for data analysis, Keyhole keeps your digital presence ROI-focused.
From measuring engagement metrics to running competitor analysis, Keyhole does it all with just a few clicks. Users get accurate reports on where they stand among the top-performing brands.
Moreover, it lets you access historical data on social media performance and benchmark against business goals.
- Real-time insights on content performance
- Tracks engagement metrics
- Monitors competitors
- A clean and sharable dashboard with all crucial data
- Sentiment analysis
- Precise reporting lets you make data-driven improvements to your social media presence.
- With account tracking, you can find the most influential voices in your followers and turn them into brand advocates.
- Competitor analysis keeps you ahead of your counterparts.
User reviews: Kehole clients have gushed about its advanced analytics features. One of its users submitted the following review, “I like how easy it is to generate my analytics report for my social media channels. The hashtag tracker is particularly useful and the insights have proven to be of great use for our campaign.”
Pricing: Keyhole offers three subscription packages at $79/month for SMBs and freelancers, $239/month for corporate, and $479/month for agencies.
Next up is Emplify, a social media marketing tool with impressive analytics and reporting capabilities. With AI-powered automation, this software turns unorganized social media and customer data into actionable insights.
- Real-time analytics for multi-channel campaigns
- Automated reporting
- Interactive data points
- Competitive Insights
- Analytics tools are easy to use
- Customizable with unique KPIs and business objectives
- Lack of proper integrations
Emplify users call the platform “a perfect solution if you want to manage several social media accounts across a bigger team.”
Pricing: Available on contact.
Our third analytics and reporting tool is Sprout Social. One of the most popular social media tools, this platform cleans the messy analytics process with automated reporting.
You can track KPIs that are unique to your business. Sprout Social also lets users compare social media performance to that of competitors and find new opportunities.
- Automated reporting
- Instant actionable insights
- Customizable analytics features
- Historical data benchmarking
- The comprehensive and shareable reports make it easy to demonstrate business results to stakeholders
- Not limited to predetermined metrics
- Expensive for small businesses
User reviews: Praising Sprout Social’s analytics features, one user reviewed, “…before Sprout, I spent a lot of time compiling analytics from each platform’s analytics database into a cumulative report. Now, I can easily send performance weekly with one click!”
Pricing: Sprout Social offers Standard, Professional, and Advanced packages at $249/month, $399/month, and $499/month. Custom pricing is also available for the Enterprise subscription.
3. Social Listening Tools
For better targeting, staying on top of your followers’ and customers’ opinions is a must. With the following social listening tools, you can keep tabs on conversations and see where you stand.
Keyhole provides best-in-class social listening solutions, unlike any other social media tools, to monitor your impact on social media channels.
One of the best social media marketing tools, this software will keep an eye on every brand mention and analyze the sentiments behind customer conversations. You can monitor social media trends for more relevant campaigning.
- With Quicktrends, you can dig out trends and opportunities within seconds
- Top account recommendations
- Sentiment analysis
- Tracks every conversation around your brand
- Automated sentiment analysis offers better audience insights.
User reviews: Appreciating Keyhole’s social listening capabilities, customers have called it “a very complete platform that gives a really good listening insight.”
Pricing: Keyhole’s subscription packages are available from $79/month to $479/month.
Mention is another notable software among top social media marketing tools with social listening capabilities. The solution crawls online forums and groups to get you the most conclusive insights on audience conversations.
- Advanced keyword search
- Brand mention and conversation alerts
- Multi-source filters and post analysis
- Easy to use
- Extensive integrations
- Frequent bug fixes
User reviews: Mention’s customers mostly have positive opinions, such as, “Thanks to this tool, we find in record time good and bad reviews from our customers in the vastness of the web and social platforms.”
Pricing: Mention offers three packages at $41/month, $83/month, and $149/month. The company package is customizable.
4. Engagement and Collaboration Tools
Here are some social media marketing tools suitable for boosting engagement and team collaboration:
Besides other social media management features, Keyhole offers collaborative workspaces with seamless teamwork.
- Collaborative and secure workspaces to keep the whole team on the same page
- Profile analytics help with enhancing engagement on posts
- Create separate workflows for each campaign
- Internal inbox makes communication easy
Besides its collaboration features, Keyhole users also love how it helps with engagement, “ I also really like how easy it is to understand the hashtag engagement reports.”
Pricing: Keyhole has three subscription packages at $79/month for SMBs and freelancers, $239/month for corporate, and $479/month for agencies.
Rated as one of the five best social media tools, Social Pilot brings excellent engagement and collaboration features in one platform. Its intuitive interface makes teamwork easy for your marketing team. Moreover, Social Pilot offers some stellar engagement tools to make your content a hit among your followers.
- All-in-one social inbox to engage with the audience
- Tracks and responds to reviews on social media
- Real-time approval notifications via Slack or emails
- Selective access to content schedulers, managers, or clients
- Customizable engagement features make audience engagement more personalized
- Bridges communication gaps with streamlined collaboration features
- Inability to maintain LinkedIn connections
- Occasional errors in posting
User reviews: Praising Social Pilot’s collaboration integrations, a user stated, “Recently they added in the connection to my Canva account making it even easier for me to share things. It was also very convenient to search for curated content. Well done SocialPilot.”
Pricing: Social Pilot’s Professional, Small Team, Agency, and Agency+ packages are available at $25/month, $42/month, $85/month, and $170/month.
Last but not least, Planable makes teamwork easy with a hassle-free and intuitive workspace, perfect for even the non-techy members. The platform also simplifies feedback exchange by centralizing all suggestions and comments.
- Creates preview posts to keep all team members on the same page
- Customizable permission levels for collaborators
- AI-powered engagement tools
- Intuitive easily adaptable
- Separate workspace for each client
- Affordable annual plans
- Frequent bug fixes
User reviews: Vouching for Planable’s efficacy, one user stated, “The AI feature is amazing, we use this all the time to increase the engagement of our posts.”
Pricing: The Basic and Pro plans are available at $11/user and $22/user. Custom pricing is available for enterprises.
The right social media management tool can spruce up your campaigns and enhance your brand visibility up a few notches.
With automated workflows, you can save both time and money. Moreover, the analytics and social listening features will get you the best insights and keep you ahead of the competition.
Make sure you choose a tool that’s scalable and fits your budget. Finally, experiment and test out different platforms before choosing a suitable one.
Want to save up to 6 hours every week in social listening and reporting? Start your free trial!