You can’t improve what you can’t measure. And when it comes to comparing two marketing strategies or campaigns, numbers and data speak volumes, don’t they?
It is a no-brainer that any modern marketing agency or a marketer, for that matter, needs an arsenal of tools under their belt to create, publish, monitor, and analyze their content. Not just because you need it for your use, but also because you share those key performance metrics with your team, boss, and more importantly, your clients.
But how do you choose the best social media analytics tools when there are far too many available currently?
Keep reading ahead to know the top social media competitor analytics tools (including some Emplifi alternatives) and which will suit your needs and budget.
Table of Contents
- 1. Keyhole
- 2. Sprout Social
- 3. Meltwater
- 4. Brandwatch
- 5. Hootsuite
- 6. Mentionlytics
- 7. Talkwalker
- Conclusion: Have you found your social media analytics weapon yet?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Keyhole is a real-time social media analytical tool that can help you monitor your social media metrics and share actionable data points with the stakeholders.
Whatever your social media marketing scope is, Emplifi alternative Keyhole can monitor it. From campaign monitoring to influencer marketing or from brand monitoring to market research, Keyhole has features to track and analyze multiple metrics.
- Keyhole can track and perform sentiment analysis for all your accounts to know how people are relating to your brands.
- Working with teams is made easier with the advanced shareable dashboard, which lets all the stakeholders keep a track of what is happening simultaneously.
- Tracking real-time data is a powerful tool, Keyhole has the option to create relevant historical data on what content has been generated by peers and competitors in the past in relation to a particular keyword or topic.
- You can also set up custom alerts or “intelligent notifications” for specific hashtags and keywords based on triggers, time, or sentiments.
Why should you prefer Keyhole?
- Keyhole can help compare the reach, engagement, and other key metrics of the social accounts of influencers and manage your influencer marketing campaigns
- It also provides the API-access, which helps the agencies to scrutinize the data in a much more detailed way.
Who is it for?
Keyhole is a perfect addition to your digital marketing agency if you are serious about data and metrics, especially if you share them with the stakeholders regularly. It can be quite powerful if you are into influencer marketing and sentiment analysis too.
2. Sprout Social
Easily one of the most comprehensive cross-channel social media analytics tools on the list is Sprout Social. This full-suite social media management tool can do everything from scheduling your content to delivering performance reports.
Designed with a marketing team in focus, Sprout Social offers many collaborative tools to manage many social brands seamlessly.
- Sprout Social can schedule your posts at optimal timing for each platform with the “ViralPost” tool.
- Sprout Social manages your social media inbox using the Smart Inbox feature, by handling all your conversations on various platforms in a single window.
- With the Social Listening tool, you can monitor your content and engagement for specific keywords and hashtags.
- Sprout Social provides a wide range of integration options with several helpdesks and CRM software.
- The integrated calendar can be great to see all the content in one place, especially if you are a visual person.
- Sprout Social may not be the best choice for large teams, especially with its per-user pricing.
Who is it for?
Emplifi alternative Sprout Social is a great addition ffor digital marketing agencies, startup marketing agencies and large enterprises as a full-suite social media tool that also helps with monitoring social media analytics. Despite the steep cost, Sprout Social has a huge fan following given its plethora of features like scheduling posts at optimal times and tagging, Asset Library, and competitive reports.
Meltwater is an all-in-one online content marketing platform for both professionals and agencies. It is essentially an artificial intelligence-based social monitoring tool that can monitor and analyze metrics related to your brand, your competitors, and your industry.
This Emplifi alternative social media analytics platform allows companies to draw insights from a single source of truth and compare markets and campaigns based on unified data to gain a competitive advantage.
- Meltwater guides you to shape your brand’s image by gathering insights about the topics that your audience is interested in.
- It helps you to actively monitor and understand your customer’s sentiments by actively listening to media conversations about your brands.
- You can use Meltwater to identify important and credible influencers and thereby improve the trust your followers have in your image.
- The custom dashboards built in Meltwater are readily shareable, making them a huge asset among team members.
- Meltwater creates presentation-ready reports with built-in options to customize the reports by choosing specific metrics.
- You can schedule social media metrics reports as a daily mail to your inbox.
- If you are not already familiar with social media monitoring and listening tools, using Meltwater might be difficult. And their training guide does not offer much help.
Who is it for?
Meltwater is rich in features when it comes to social media monitoring and analyzing trends, making it one of the favorite social media analytics tools currently available.
Brandwatch is an enterprise social intelligence platform that is capable of providing audience and brand analytics relevant to improving online presence.
With the power of its customizable and shareable dashboards, Brandwatch has a huge following for its Brandwatch Insights Central – a repository of entirely free analytics dashboards.
- As an Emplifi alternative social media management platform, Brandwatch’s strong point is data analysis and reporting of the social media metrics.
- It can be integrated with third-party social media tools like Hootsuite and other marketing tools like Business Intelligence tools.
- No more using Boolean logic for social search. Brandwatch’s Query Wizard is a valuable addition, especially for not-so-savvy marketers.
- Brandwatch has a myriad of pre-built analytics templates and dashboards to choose from. You may never have to create a dashboard on your own again.
- The reports can be automatically downloaded as a presentation ready to be shared with your team and clients.
- Brandwatch can come with a huge price tag and is not budget-friendly for smaller agencies and teams.
Who is it for?
Brandwatch is a well-known social media competitor analytics tool that is perfect for PR agencies and social media management agencies who are more focused on monitoring and improving engagement with the brands and active social listening.
If you are looking for a full-suite social media analytics tool, you would have already considered Hootsuite as a social media management tool.
It is a really powerful Emplifi alternative that simplifies the process of planning, composing, and publishing on-brand content that connects with all your audiences from a single dashboard.
- Hootsuite has an extensive list of social media profiles where you can publish and monitor your brand’s content.
- You can also curate content to share with your followers right from the Hootsuite app.
- Its API integrations are aplenty and the savvier marketers can use it to the fullest potential.
- You don’t need a separate publishing tool for each platform with Hootsuite, which saves considerable time and effort.
- Hootsuite has a 30 day trial period. You can try all their features before you buy them.
- Hootsuite has restrictions on the number of posts that you can schedule for a period, depending on your subscription plan.
Who is it for?
Hootsuite combines the tasks of publishing content and analyzing the results in one tool. For businesses that need an all-in-one social media management tool that can integrate with a wide range of social networks, Hootsuite is the best option.
Mentionlytics is a simple-to-use social media monitoring tool with a robust feature-rich interface. From analyzing your competitors’ performance data to identifying new viral trends and tracking mentions of your brand and products, Emplifi alternative Mentionlytics can do it all.
- Mentionlytics’ core functionality is social media monitoring and full web monitoring capabilities.
- It provides insights and suggestions to your content using AI to discover patterns of mentioned data.
- With the new access to APIs, one can use it to create new integrations to any location.
- Build your own dashboards with the data from Mentionlytics or even from other sources using the latest Google Data Studio integration.
- Mentionlytics has robust reporting capabilities that can be delivered to your inbox directly.
- The AI-powered “Social Intelligence Advisor” offers data-driven suggestions to improve your content and brand presence.
- Mentionlytics’ overwhelming interface needs a little more work.
- So does its keyword research, which can be streamlined further.
Who is it for?
Mentionlytics is an award-winning social media analytics tool that can be used by both agencies and small to medium-sized enterprises alike.
Talkwalker is a social listening platform that provides effective social media analytics data and insights. Be it online, TV, Radio, or print media, Talkwalker can track your brand’s online reputation and customers’ sentiment globally.
- Talkwalker can recognize about 30,000 brand logos on videos and images on any platform online.
- It can track reviews on various review websites like Trip Advisor, mobile app stores like Google Play, newsgroups, and forums and gather insights and sentiments about your brands.
- As an Emplifi alternative, it can be integrated with a gamut of tools ranging from social publishing tools to business intelligence tools.
- Talkwalkers’ laser-focused tracking and monitoring of brand mentions are worth mentioning.
- It has its own AI that can detect sentiment including sarcasm and irony from online conversations about the brand.
- The price can be on the expensive side for smaller agencies and marketers.
- Customer service is only available on the higher-end plans.
Who is it for?
Talkwalker is built to provide for the needs of both small agencies and huge enterprises. With some of the best global brands like Adidas on board, you may not go wrong with this data-driven social media marketing analytics tool, if you can afford its price bracket.
The above-listed Emplifi alternative social media analytics tools have their own set of advantages and limitations. Your search for a comprehensive social media monitoring tool ends at Keyhole.
Trusted by over 7,000+ brands, Keyhole lets social media marketers, digital marketing agencies, and brands:
- Automate social media reporting
- Create beautiful shareable reports in seconds
- Uncover competitor’s content strategy
- Track influencer marketing campaigns in real-time
- Understand how hashtags are performing
- Track and aggregate your brand’s metrics across all social media platforms
To know more, sign up for a demo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Keyhole vs Emplifi: Which is better in 2024?
Emplifi alternative Keyhole is considered one of the best social media analytics tools used by brands to monitor social media metrics and share actionable insights with stakeholders and clients. One key feature that makes Keyhole better than Emplifi is that it can compare the reach and engagement of influencers’ social media accounts. With the API access, agencies can scrutinize data in a granular way.
The key features that make Keyhole the best social media analytics tool for 2024 are:
1. Automated social media reporting
2. Tracking influencer marketing campaigns
3. Social media listening
4. Keyword tracking
5. Social media analytics API
What is Socialbakers Emplifi used for?
Emplifi (previously Socialbakers) gives brands granular insights needed to amplify the right customer experiences. This unified customer experience (CX) platform allows next-generation brands to meet dynamic customer expectations in marketing, commerce, and customer service touchpoints.