Founded by two University of Michigan undergraduates in 2021, Tab Chocolate is taking the internet by storm. From the genius use of UGC on TikTok to extensive influencer marketing, this newbie in the confectionery industry has created a social media strategy even the top brands can learn from. But turning a mere dorm-room startup into
A GIF is a computer file format used to compress and store visual digital information. Unlike other image formats, GIFs are often animated and frequently used to express jokes, emotions, or reference memes and memorable moments from TV shows and movies.
What does GIF stand for?
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format.
How to pronounce GIFs?
The pronunciation of “GIF” has been subject to debate. The most common pronunciations are either with a hard “g” sound like “gift” (/ɡɪf/), or with a soft “g” sound like “jiff” (/dʒɪf/).
The pronunciation with a hard “g” is closer to the original sound of the “G” in “Graphics Interchange Format”. However, the soft “g” pronunciation gained popularity over time and is widely used as well. Ultimately, the choice of pronunciation may vary among individuals.
Who created GIF?
The creator of the GIF image file format was Steve Wilhite, an American computer scientist who worked at CompuServe. Wilhite was the engineering lead on the team that created the GIF image file format in 1987.
The GIF format was developed as a way to compress and store digital images without losing information during compression. The format quickly became popular for transmitting and storing graphic files due to its lossless data compression format.
How to make GIFs?
To make GIFs, you can follow these general steps:
- Plan your content: Decide what you want your GIF to showcase. Identify the images or video clips you want to use.
- Collect your source material: If you plan to create a GIF from existing content, gather the images or video clips you want to include. If needed, edit or prepare them in advance.
- Use an online GIF-making tool: There are many websites and apps available that allow you to create GIFs easily. Some popular options include Giphy, EZGif, and Make a GIF. These tools typically let you upload your source material and provide options for editing, cropping, adding effects, and setting the speed or duration of the GIF.
- Customize your GIF: Experiment with different settings, such as animation speed, image sequence, and any available effects or filters. Fine-tune the details to create the desired visual impact.
- Preview and save your GIF: Before finalizing, preview your GIF to make sure it looks as expected. If satisfied, proceed to save the GIF file to your device or share it directly on social media platforms.
Alternatively, if you prefer more advanced customization or have a background in graphic design, you can use software like Adobe Photoshop to create GIFs by manually syncing frames or converting video clips.
Remember to respect copyright and intellectual property rights when using source material to create your GIFs.
How to make a GIF from a video?
To make a GIF from a video, you can use various online tools and software. Some popular options include:
- Adobe Express: Adobe Express offers a free online tool that allows you to convert videos to GIFs. You can upload a video from your device, choose the file size and aspect ratio, and instantly download your new GIF or continue editing it in Adobe Express.
- Giphy: Giphy provides a GIF Maker tool that lets you create animated GIFs from videos or images. You can upload a video file or provide a video URL, customize the settings, and add captions and stickers. Once your GIF is ready, you can share it on social media platforms.
- Imgflip: Imgflip offers a GIF Maker tool where you can create a GIF from a video file on your device or a video URL. You can choose the media type and customize the GIF by uploading files or pasting a URL. Imgflip also provides additional options for customization.
- Canva: Canva’s GIF Maker allows you to create GIFs online either from scratch or using pre-made templates. You can browse through various themes, colors, and styles and create GIFs from both images and video files.
- EZGif: EZGif provides an Animated GIF Maker tool that supports uploading images or video files to create GIFs. You can upload multiple files, choose the order and format, and adjust other settings like file size and animation speed.
These tools offer different features and customization options, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
What sets your YouTube competitors apart? How do they make their videos rank better than yours on YouTube? You’ll be able to watch your competitors like a hawk and reveal their hidden secrets only with a good YouTube competitors analysis tool – the staple of your toolbox. It is particularly essential for busy social media
With its dazzling visual content and over 2 billion monthly active users, it’s a social listening goldmine waiting to be explored! Imagine gaining deep insights into your audience’s desires, tracking sentiments towards your brand, and outshining your competitors in the aesthetic world of Instagram. Your favorite brands like FitBit, Nike, GoPro, and many more leverage