When a big event is coming up, brands love to talk about big “Social Media Command Centers” they’ve setup, with a infinite number of people staring at uncountable monitors.
If you want to succeed with event management, this must be the only want to do it, right?
What’s the secret?
A huge part of what we do is making sure that we’re tracking the conversation, so we can be fluid and adjust to what people are talking about, what’s trending, what kind of content we should be putting out.
Remember, “tracking the conversation” doesn’t require an all-out Social Media Command Center. Many of us do it everyday, either directly on Twitter, using in-stream tools like Tweetdeck, or dedicated tools like Keyhole (I hope!).
Go forth, grasshopper. Setup your event hashtag, track what attendees are saying, and engage them like you would any other friend.
So the next time you feel like you — an individual community manager — can’t do it all, think again!
The Marketing Thought-Leader
- Lee Odden, TopRank Marketing Founder
The Social Media Professor
- Aurora Meyer, University of Missouri Adjunct Professor
Keyhole is a real-time conversation tracker that provides keyword and hashtag analytics for Twitter and Instagram. Get started for free and search your brand below:
Latest posts by Saif Ajani (see all)
- #Inauguration vs #WomensMarch — The Numbers - January 23, 2017
- Meerkat vs Periscope: Periscope Has 3X More Influencers, 39% More Repeat Usage vs Meerkat [STUDY] - April 13, 2015
- Facebook API Changes and Access to Data - April 2, 2015